Our values lay the foundation for what we care about most, and ultimately forms the basis from which our team operates. NAMDOCK believes in: Kindness, Transparency, Trust, Respect, Integrity, and Fairness. These values are all deeply embedded in our day-to-day operations and serve as the guiding principles of our organization.


NAMDOCK was acquired in a joint venture involving the ship repair company, Elgin Brown & Hamer Namibia (Pty) Ltd, and the Namibian Ports Authority, “Namport”. NAMDOCK is identical to Eldock, the Elgin Brown & Hamer Group's highly successful Durban-based floating dock - the first privately owned floating dock in South Africa.

Approximately 70 per cent of vessels serviced on Namibia Drydock and Ship Repair floating docks are anchor handler tugs and platform support vessels operating in the oil & gas industry of West Africa. The remaining 30 per cent consists of seismic vessels, sub-sea construction vessels, dredgers, tankers, and container vessels.

By investing in research and development, innovation, and skills, as well as utilising its strategic alliances, Namibia Drydock and Ship Repair aims to strengthen its position as the ship repair company of choice on Africa’s west coast and to continuously enhance its international competitiveness.

Get In Touch

+264 64 218 6000

  • Cnr 2nd Str East & Hanna Mupetami Road. Walvis Bay